Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tutorial Five - Video Production Session (2)

Youtube - FAMOUS with a HUGE online community. Infact, the statistics show that Youtube has had more than 13 million hours of video uploaded during 2010 and 35 hours of videos are uploaded EVERY MINUTE! That is HUGE!

It is amazing to think that 70% of the traffic on Youtube comes from outside the US, with 700 million playbacks during 2010. Those are some huge statistics. See more at: www.youtube.com/t/press_statistics.

From this, over 4 million users are connected and auto-sharing with at least one other social network. For example, I might 'like' something on Youtube and automatically it links to my Facebook page where all my friends can then go into the link and watch it at their leisure.

Founded in 2005, Five years later, youtube rentals are launched, and youtube exceeds 2 billions views a day. WOW.

So, a topic of interest from my fieldwork that could be shown on youtube? Let me see... Keep an eye on this for some interesting videos on schizophrenia and other mental health issues.. I will also look at the autism and sensory moduation in paediatrics which is something I think I want to get into in the future.

Reference list:

Youtube. (2011). Statistics. Retrieved on March 22 from: www.youtube.com/t/press_statistics.

1 comment:

  1. Well Lucy! What a well put together blog and so clear to navigate. On 'Did you know?' maybe you can feed back to the whole cass on this one. Useful tool. Keep up the good examples. Hilary:)

    ReplyDelete